Provence

An in depth look at Bandol (I)
Bandol is considered as the only region where Mourvèdre reaches its full potential, thanks to its sun-drenched terroir. Mourvèdre, a late ripening grape variety, needs as much sun as it
Read more...
The greatest appellation of the Provence: Bandol
Bandol is the greatest appellation in the Provence. Sure, you may think that there are certain estates that deliver superior wines like Richeaume or Trévallon, and I would agree with
Read more...
The Wines of Cassis – Clos Sainte Magdeleine
On holiday, people tend to let the setting influence their opinion on what they eat and drink. It’s a decent explanation as to why so many Belgians come back from
Read more...
A Provençal Cru: Clos Cibonne
You will be forgiven if you are ignorant of the Provence’s classification des crus. The Oxford Wine Companion makes no mention of it, nor does l’Atlas des Vins de France.
Read more...
The Wines of the Provence (II)
The AOPs talked about earlier this week cover 10% of what the Provence has to offer appellation wise. The remaining 90% (27,000ha) consists of three generic designations: Côtes de Provence
Read more...
The wines of the Provence (I)
So sunny temperatures and an ongoing drought like Belgium hasn’t seen for a while make this the ideal time to focus on a region that turns this climate into an
Read more...